To promote the well-being of all children and families as a community responsibility.
The Commission on Children & Families is committed to:
- Integrity in all our actions;
- Inclusivity of community members in our initiatives;
- Stewardship of all resources entrusted to us.
The residents of Grant County measure the overall health of our community by the well-being of all our children. Our entire community embraces the responsibility for ensuring that every child grows strong and healthy in all aspects of their lives. The Commission on Children & Families mobilizes the community through strategic planning, education, advocacy and funding. Our collective Commission actions and partnerships with the broader community have resulted in a brighter picture of life for Grant County children and families.
To advance the well-being of children and families in Grant County the Commission:
- Promotes the integration of services and connects various support systems;
- Increases community awareness and mobilization through relationships with current partners and engages diverse sectors of the community including faith-based, business and service groups;
- Facilitates comprehensive planning with community partners to identify, prioritize and implement coordinated strategies to meet the mission;
- Responds to emerging local and statewide issues;
- Ensures accountable, effective and efficient Commission program investments and use of resources to maximize positive outcomes;
- Balances the development of innovative practices with evidence-based programs;
- Educates policy makers about local needs and solutions; and - Secures and allocates funds for programs and community initiatives by seeking grants, leveraging public funds and encouraging additional contributions from the community.
Comment on the Forest Plan
The County Surveyor's site
publishes over 20,000 original surveys - from the 1860s to the present - along with links to the Oregon Dept. of Revenue's assigned tax lot maps.
Find properties, plat maps, subdivisions and corners easily and quickly by township, range and section.