The Grant County Senior Center is located at 142 N.E. Dayton Street in John Day. It serves as a venue for many activities and provides lunch at the site for seniors on a regular basis.
The Grant County Senior Program goals are to establish linkages within the community in order for seniors and disabled persons to meet their daily survival needs and remain in their homes in a safe and healthy environment for as long as possible.
We do this by:
- Accepting referrals from Senior and Disability Services, Food and Friends, other agencies, neighbors, churches or friends.
- Making appropriate referrals or contacts to address the particular need of a senior.
- Networking with Senior and Disability Services for a joint visit or sharing information that would benefit a senior.
- Educational presentations, seminars and trainings for seniors and their families, anywhere throughout Grant County.
- Referring seniors to other available programs such as heating assistance, weatherization, rental assistance, housing, medical equipment and supplemental food assistance through the food banks.
If you know of someone who needs assistance or need assistance yourself, we encourage you to contact us so that we can arrange help.